- BBC Newsnight – Infographics
- Stephanie Posavec
- Trends in politicians and news media use them
- Neville Brody vs David McCandless
- “Most popular infographics”:
- Presenting facts at a glance
- How do we create effective infographics?
- – tell a story
- – start with one dominant visual
- – highlight salient stats
- – don’t be overwhelmed by your data
- – display proportion and scale
- – waitingforsuperman.com > American Vimeo video
Response to lecture: I like the different examples that Darren showed us, in particular the infograph about infograph trends which I found entertaining/ funny because it highlights trending/ mainstream styles and it slightly mocks infographs that some are unoriginal. The waitingforsuperman video was particularly good because it links one info visual to another using shape transitions and I will need to consider this when creating my animated infograph which I am creating ontop of my A2 piece and booklet.