Unsuccessful catapult

Shut up and make things

Me and Chris tried to make a catapult using cardboard, however it wasn’t strong enough to withstand the tension from the elastic band. As seen in the photo below the cardboard strips have bent:

I used a lighter to singe the letters I cut out using a scalpel, however fire is unpredictable and it burnt out some of the spacing between arms therefore making the letters illegible:
I think it would have worked with a stronger material such as wood or metal but if we manage to build it, it would be difficult to capture the motion of the letter flying because we are inexperienced with using a DSLR camera.
Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s